The primary purpose of this website is to provide you all the information you might need to attend revo.js conference. The following provides an overview of how we protect your privacy during your visit.
How do we gather data?
Personal information may be collected from you in 2 different ways:
- directly, through various forms like newsletter, ticket purchase form, call for papers, etc. This data includes common-sense information used solely to enable us to organize revo.js;
- indirectly, through web technologies used within our website, like cookies, which will be detailed below;
How do we use this data?
There are various reasons we collect personal data, which also describes what we do with it:
- To provide you with the services you signed up for, or requested;
- For security purposes, to ensure that our site is safe and secure
- To send emails regarding event updates or importangt information when we have your permission;
- To optimize Facebook ads based on collected anonymized data, and build targeted audiences;
- For statistical purposes, i.e. website traffic analysis, performance of marketing communications;
- To better understand our visitors’ experience in order to improve it;
Cookies are files created by websites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. Our cookies remain stored on your computer for a certain period of time.
We use several types of cookies:
- Required cookies which are essential for the normal functioning of the website i.e. session cookies. These cookies do not track you and cannot be opted out of.
- Performance and Analytics used by 3rd party analytics tools like Google Analytics, to help us analyze how our site is used, through compiled reports. These data are exclusively used by us for website activity and performance analysis.
- Tracking cookies used by Facebook Pixel to create Custom Audiences for our Facebook event ads. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, however, this data is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy.
You can delete or disable cookies through your browser settings at any time. See detailed below for your browser:
3rd party services
Personal data collected by us is considered confidential and will never be sold or leased to third parties. It is used solely to enable us to organize this conference.
Below is the full list of 3rd party services we use, which comply to GDPR regulations:
Get in touch
Feel free to contact us regarding any information you cannot find on this page or if you have any questions about how we handle your data at firstname.lastname@example.org.